Launch your career with Achieve College Internships
Are you a college junior who participated in the Step Up Youth Employment Program or graduated from a Minneapolis public high school? Are you looking for a professional summer internship where you can earn a competitive wage while building career skills and connections?
If so, you've come to the right place!
Achieve College Internships provides direct access to professional career experiences, mentors and networks that can help you launch your career. In partnership with top regional businesses and nonprofits, we provide training, one-on-one coaching and connections to high-caliber, career-oriented internships.
With Achieve College Internships, you'll develop critical job and leadership skills, learn more about your chosen career field and begin to build your long-term professional networks.
Why should you choose Achieve College Internships?
Work for great organizations
- Our employers range from global businesses to local companies, nonprofits and community-based organizations.
- Internships are aligned with your skills and long-term career goals.
- Supervisors are committed to one-on-one mentoring and training.
Grow as a young professional
- Deepen your knowledge in your career area and build 21st century professional skills.
- Discern which specific roles, fields and company types best match your long-term goals and interests.
- Develop key contacts and establish your professional network.
Get critical training and one-on-one coaching
- Benefit from personalized support from your Achieve career coach.
- Learn how and where to find professional positions available in your field.
- Prepare strong application materials, including resumes, portfolios and more.
- Strengthen your in-person and remote interviewing skills through one-on-one practice.
Who can participate?
Eligible students must:
- Be past participants of the Step Up Youth Employment Program OR graduates of Minneapolis Public Schools
- Be college juniors who are enrolled full time in a four-year degree program and on-track to graduate in 2025
- Have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Live in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area during the summer of internship
- Be diverse in talent and life experience and committed to success
How does the program work?
Check your eligibility and apply
Review our eligibility criteria (see above). Then complete our online application and submit your resume and transcript. You'll receive status updates and information on next steps. Please note: our application for summer 2024 is now closed. Please check back in July 2024 to apply for our 2025 program.
Join us and stand out as a candidate
If you are selected, accept our invitation! You'll work with our team to clarify goals for your professional internship and future career, create top-quality application materials and sharpen your interview skills.
Select from companies and positions
We collaborate with employers to identify and create great internship options that align with your goals. Review these opportunities and then apply for the internships that most interest you.
Interview and accept an internship offer
Interview with potential internship employers and accept the position that best suits you. We’ll be with you every step of the way with personalized coaching and support.
Get to work!
You'll succeed in your 10-12 week internship (June – August) through consistent support from your Achieve career coach, with regular check-ins, trouble-shooting and professional mentoring. You'll earn $19 or more per hour depending on your area of study and hiring company.
Launch your next steps
We'll support you as you wrap up your internship and guide you in leveraging your experience, your new skills and your networks for employment after graduation.
Meet some of our recent college interns
"During my internship, the Pollen team constantly told me how the work I was doing directly impacted their company and helped staff. The projects I took on allowed the rest of the team to tackle other work, and will help with efficiency in the future, too. A couple of my projects are even being published!"